This award is for newer blogs/bloggers who are nominated by another blogger who enjoys your posts (wowza! that’s cool- people like mah stuffs!) You post 11 random facts, and then answer 11 questions your nominator has given you. You then ask 11 questions of 11 other new bloggers and they give thier random facts! Sort of ‘pay-it-forwardy’ and I love that.
So, without further ado-
11 Facts about me:
- I hate the cold (I was writing this as it was -17 in Chicago)
- I live about an hour from work, so I drive 82 miles (round trip) a day which has taught me that I am a very passionate and intense driver who likes to give a lot of constructive criticism. AKA- I have road rage.
- It took about two months to think of a name for my blog.
- If my husband would allow it I would be a crazy dog lady with like 27 dogs.
- I am a clearance/sale rack addict. I hate paying full price for things…so maybe I’m a little cheap too. Ha.
- I grew up in a round house in the woods with a fireman’s pole in it. Right? I know…weird.
- ‘The Five People You Meet In Heaven’ is probably my favorite book, ‘Great Gatsby’ coming in at number 2.
- When I was a kid I thought it was called the “Heimlich Remover” rather than the “Heimlich Maneuver”. (I still think my idea is better- I mean it makes sense, you’re removing something from someone’s windpipe). Also, I thought it was Noah’s Zark…I didn’t have a speech problem but apparently I had hearing issues…
- I’ve never broken a bone or been in the hospital for anything. (Knock on wood)
- Instagram is my favorite app. (Follow me! Daniellejflikkema)
- I have a giant lady crushes on Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone, and Mila Kunis. AND I HAVE NO SHAME IN MYLADY CRUSH GAME.
My 11 question’s to answer:
- What is your driving force in blogging? I’m can’t shut up. Kidding…well, sort of but not really. Initially, it was a professor I had in college. I was doing an internship and had to write her a few times a week giving updates of what happened and how my time was being spent there. She said the things/the way I wrote made her crack up and that I should blog. I was like; “Ah, yea whatever..” But then my husband started telling me repeatedly I should start one too-which I think he suggested thinking maybe I would stop talking his ear off and write about it instead. Which seems to work a bit! However, I would say my curiosity, my imagination, and desire to write.
- Dogs or cats? DOGS. Erryydayyy allll day.
- What is your favorite, go-to bible verse? That’s hard being that I love quotes as much as I do, but I would have to say Esther 4:16- I actually have a tattoo of the end of the verse where she says; “If I perish, I perish” (background: Esther was going before the king uninvited which in that time was a crime which could be punished by death. She was pleading for the lives of the Jews who were set to be executed.) I think this inspires me because it gives me courage to live. It’s kind of a reminder- “What’s the worst that could happen” type of thing.
- How has blogging changed your life? So far nothing too extreme- but I am a newbie so we’ll see what 2014 has to bring. What I would say though is it makes me think more or consider what’s going on in my life- as I’m doing an everyday project or enjoying an event with friends I think- ‘How can I write about this’ or ‘Don’t forget to take pictures of this for the blog’ etc.
- What is your favorite down-time activity? Shopping, going out to eat (I am SUCH a foodie), or laying around and watching crime shows.
- When you think back, what is your favorite childhood memory? Hmmm, first one that comes to mind is when we lived in this house with a HUGE yard and spending summer days playing outside from when the sun came up until my parents dragged me back inside for dinner. Not necessarily a specific memory, just a time in my life I am especially fond of.
- How do you balance work, blog, and family? Well my job is not exactly the most demanding so I can blog at work (SHHH!!! Don’t tell my boss!) so I kind of double time. Family/friend time is always for the weekends! I try to make sure we meet up with at least one of our friends/family members a week/weekend.
- Favorite song at the moment? That’s a tie between ‘Follow Your Arrow’ by Kacey Musgraves or ‘Do I Wanna Know’ by the Arctic Monkeys…I know, polar opposites. Typical.
- Describe your perfect day? I’m gunna go all corny on ya here- my wedding day was perfect. Almost all of my favorite people in the world in attendance for the best celebration ever. I was in tears at the end of the night because I didn’t want it to end. But if we’re talking a day I haven’t actually lived already I would say a day on vacation, by the ocean- with some of my favorite people.
- Where would you like to travel next? Hmmm- International: Greece Domestic: New Orleans or Nashville.
- What is your best piece of advise for new bloggers? Network! I am still learning this myself, but I feel like the biggest help in learning about blogging and connecting is talking to other bloggers, reading their stuff, and seeing what kinds of groups, link ups, etc. are out there.
My 11 Questions for Nominees:
1: Did you set any New Year’s Resolutions? If so what is your main one and how has it been going so far?
2: What is your favorite quote?
3: Besides blogging, do you have any hobbies?
4: What is most challenging to you about blogging?
5: What would your dream job be (education, availability, or expertise aside)?
6: One thing that can make you smile/laugh instantly?
7: Favorite place to shop?
8: Current book, T.V. show, or movie obsession?
9: What’s your favorite style/fashion trend right now?
10: If you could meet one person (living or dead) who would it be and why?
11: What are you most looking forward to in 2014?
Abby @ Always, Abby
Lauren @ Wifestyles
Minttu @ Iammrsk
Nycole @ Thesavvybrunette
Leanne @ Younameitevents
Val @ Chickenscratch
Miranda @ Hurryupandwait
Jessica @ 26andnotcounting
Alexia @ AlexiaCurtis
Chelsea @ LLiaBC
Cait @ FierceFabulousandFit