I figured today on the blog we could do a little installment of ‘Throwback Thursday’. Where I tell you some embarrassing and silly stuff about me in times past.
Let’s begin with this:
Yup- that’s me. In my favorite cat sweater. Apparently, back in the day somewhere I used to like cats. Like them so much so, I wanted them on my sweaters. With polka dots and glitter bling. You’re jealous- I know.
Here’s some more #tbt stuff for you:
- I know I mentioned this somewhere on here before- but I used to think it was called ‘Noah’s Zark’. And the ‘Heimlich Remover’ (ps- this makes sense, you are REMOVING something after all, hopefully you are anyways).
- My first CD was C+C Music Factory, which my sister bribed me to do her chores for.
- I used to watch Bob Ross on channel 11 after cartoons ended, and if you say you didn’t ever do this you’re a liar.
- I saw ‘Scream’ and ‘Copycat’ when I was too young and would always check under bathroom stalls in public bathrooms for bathroom creepers.
I may or may not still do this from time to time.
- My OLDER sister used to break into my diary and threaten that she was going to tell my crushes I liked them. I’m pretty sure this was supposed to be my job…
- All of my older sisters also told me I was adopted. I would then go ask my dad and he would say I wasn’t. I’d go back to them all smug- ‘Dad told me the truth- I know I’m not adopted’. To which they would respond; “He just doesn’t want to tell you the truth so your feelings won’t be hurt”. Identity crisis ensued.
- I used to beg, plead, and demand that the dentist give me braces because I thought they were so cool.
- My first AIM screen name was ~*princessgrl31*~ (OHHH YEA- I’m contemplating going back to that one).
- I read the entire Nancy Drew series. Forget that Babysitter’s Club nonsense. I had real problems to solve. Missing jewels n’ shit.
- My dad used to tell me aliens ‘laid their eggs’ in asphalt chunks that broke off the side of the road. He would point to tiny pebbles and tell me if I picked them out and saved them, they would hatch and I would have a baby alien. He called them ‘Jujubabies’. After about 3 weeks of watching these damn pebbles in a jar I asked him why they hadn’t hatched yet and he told me to keep waiting. GOD I WAS SO GULLIBLE.
That’s it for this installment of #tbt.
Let’s hear some of your Throwback moments- tell me I was not the only paranoid, gullible, “adopted” child!